Modular capsule homes: A way to create housing for the homeless?

 Modular capsule homes: A way to create housing for the homeless?


Every week I receive  an email of stuff happening in the architecture world. Something that caught my eye was the demolition of the Nakagin Capsule Tower in Tokyo. At the time I was also considering my manifesto idea, I wanted to write about how to create housing for the homeless. Seeing this and the pictures of the capsules gave me some ideas for how this housing could be created. I love how they would be modular as well. Although the interior is very ugly I thought the use of a circular window to let light in was ingenious. I think that there is an opportunity to take inspiration from this original design and integrate into the future designs for small housing for the homeless. 

Other examples include two homeless housing projects in LA which have inspired my manifesto. I like the idea of bringing together these ideas that could change the world for many people. I believe combining the interior of the Nakagin Tower and the LA housing projects would create a successful design for the future of the homelessness.
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Climate change and architecture

Week 6: The Architecture of Ancient Greece and Rome

Gender and Identity: Does space have gender or sexual identity.