Climate change and architecture

Climate change and architecture


 Architecture has a huge role in the future of climate change. I believe it is imperative that we start to make a difference now. The climate is worsening at a rapid rate and it is scary how quick it is changing. The future is partially in the hands of architects. The use of new technology and old can make a drastic change. I think the future of the climate technology is huge and there's huge opportunity for the architecture profession to use it. 

One of my favourite pieces of technology that I would be looking forward to using is the tesla solar tile. It is a solar tile which looks like normal roofing tiles. I believe it's an ingenious way to create a slick aesthetic for the roof instead of having ugly solar panels. 

I think other ways architecture can make a change is to use low carbon materials such as steel, but also using concrete which reuses aggregate. The development of materials so they have no embodied carbon. There has been a huge uptake of using timber in projects for structure and for cladding but I believe we need alternatives as that won't work for the construction of tower blocks. As well as structural changes there should be a change to the choice of insulation as foam is not carbon friendly and therefore does not help our climate. 

As well as materials I think we need to look at using renewable energies in construction. I believe that using generators does not help our climate and therefore we need to have a change. I think diggers and heavy machinery are difficult to change but the less we can use them the better 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 6: The Architecture of Ancient Greece and Rome

Gender and Identity: Does space have gender or sexual identity.