RIBA 2022 London Awards Winners: my opinion on a few (Part 2)

 RIBA 2022 London Awards Winners: my opinion on a few (Part 2)


Continuing on for my post yesterday, these are my final 2 and my opinions on them.

Kiln Place by Peter Barber Architects

This is a cooperative housing scheme in the London Borough of Wandsworth. This housing scheme is stunning and actually looks very inviting as well as modern. I think it's a great housing scheme and is very impressive. Things I like about the design: I really like the use of basements to create access to outdoor areas for people to use. I also think the aesthetics of are beautiful and compliment the surroundings. I think the way they are layered and put together almost blocks put on top of each other is great design. I think the balconies as well that are on the build is really interesting. The use of glass inside and on the exterior makes it feels spacious and bright. The contractor's were able to vary the interiors to what the client wanted which allows each one to have it's own specific finish to it. I think the landscaping is also a very well finished and brings the outside into the house with the use of the sliding doors to create a large area for entertaining.



House in Primrose Hill by Jamie Fobert Architects Limited

This something slightly different to what I have looked at before this house in Primrose Hill is stunning but is an extension that creates amazing light and shadows. I think the house is just beautiful and shows some of the things that you can do to preserve an amazing building. I think it's incredibly successful in creating amazing architecture and a clean link bet
ween both the old and the new. I believe the use of concrete to create the new area is very interesting and gives contrast to the building. The building has custom designed lights for the kitchen and the pool has amazing light and shadow. It creates the most amazing colours and atmosphere for a lazy day in. The use of the skylight also allows for the atmosphere to change daily which makes it really interesting and exciting. My overall opinion is that the aesthetics makes this building as well as the use of light and shadows so I think this is my favourite one on the list this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Climate change and architecture

Week 6: The Architecture of Ancient Greece and Rome

Gender and Identity: Does space have gender or sexual identity.